|Pakistan Carpet Manufacturers & Exporters Association.
CTI Building, 27-Empress Road, Lahore.
NC(A)/10/2020 Dated: 14.09.2020
ELECTION SCHEDULE OF PCMEA FOR THE YEAR 2020-21.
All the Members are hereby informed that the Executive Committee Meeting of PCMEA held on July 27, 2020 at 3:00 p.m at Lahore, has decided to hold the Annual General Elections of PCMEA to elect the following for the year 2020-21 as under:-
ii. Chairman and Vice Chairman from Southern Circle & one Senior-Vice-Chairman from Northern Circle of PCMEA.
1. The Election Schedule of PCMEA for the year 2020-21 was approved in the Executive Committee Meeting dated July 27, 2020. The said Election Schedule shall be displayed at the notice board of the Head Office and Circle office within two days.
2. Member firm desiring to change their representative shall intimate changes regarding name of representative to the Secretary and Circle Secretary along with the necessary proof of eligibility by July 29, 2020 by 12.00 noon.
3. The provisional list of members eligible to vote along with their National Tax Number, Sales Tax Registration Number (if applicable), the name and National Identity Card Number of the representative shall be displayed on the notice board at the Head Office and Circle Offices of PCMEA by July 31, 2020 by 2.00 p.m.
4. The members who have any objection to the entries in the provisional list of voters shall send their objection in writing to the Secretary / Circle Secretary upto August 1, 2020 by 2.00 p.m.
5. The Secretary and the Circle Secretary will intimate action on the objection on changes sent by members by August 7, 2020.
6. Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Secretary or Circle Secretary may make a written representation before Election Commission upto August 10, 2020 at 4.00 p.m. The Election Commission shall decide the case by August 12, 2020 by 4.00 p.m.
7. Any person aggrieved by the decision of the Commission or in case the Commission fails to decide by August 12, 2020 may appeal to the DGTO (Director General Trade Organization) upto August 13, 2020 who shall decide the case and his decision in this regard, shall be final.
8. The Final list of voters will be displayed at the Notice board at the Head office and Circle office of the PCMEA on August 15, 2020 by 2.00 p.m. The copy of the final list of voters shall be provided (on demand) to the members desiring to contest the elections.
9. Any person eligible to contest the Election for the vacant post shall send his nomination duly proposed and seconded by the duly registered voter and signed by the candidate to the Secretary / Circle Secretary till August 17, 2020 by 2.00 p.m.
10. The Nomination papers shall be scrutinized by Scrutiny Committee of Election Commission and the list of candidates shall be displayed on August 19, 2020 by 2:00 p.m.
11. The objections if any to nomination of the candidates shall be filed to the Appellate Authority of Election Commission by August 21, 2020 by 12:00 noon and shall be decided by Appellate Authority by August 21, 2020 by 2.00 p.m.
12. In case Appellate Authority fails to decide within the stipulated time provided above, or any candidate aggrieved by the decision of the Appellate Authority may file an appeal to the DGTO (Director General Trade Organization) by August 24, 2020 and his decision in this regard shall be final.
13. Candidates desirous to withdraw their candidature may do so in writing to the Election Commission by August 26, 2020 by 12:00 noon. The final list of the candidates shall be issued by the Election Commission and displayed at the Notice board on August 28, 2020 by 2.00 p.m.
14. The poling for Election of three (3) executive committee members of “Associate Class” & three (3) of “Corporate Class” from Southern Circle, whereas, three (3) executive members of “Associate Class” and three (3) of “Corporate Class” from Northern Circle shall be held at respective Circle offices on September 17, 2020 (Thursday). The polling shall start at 10.00 a.m and continue upto 4.00 p.m. The election of the members of Executive Committee shall be held by secret ballot. Neither postal ballot nor proxy shall be allowed. Provisional result of the Election will be displayed on the notice-boards of head office and circle office on September 18, 2020 (Friday).
15. The Nomination papers for the post of Chairman & Vice-Chairman from Southern Circle shall be filed in Southern Circle and one Senior-Vice Chairman from Northern Circle shall be filed in Northern Circle office on September 19, 2020 (Saturday) by 12.00 noon. The Chairman will be elected from the Southern Circle Karachi. The Scrutiny of Nomination papers shall be held on September 21, 2020 (Monday) and the result of the scrutiny shall be displayed at the respective notice boards on the same day by 12:00 noon.
16. The appeals against the rejection of the nomination papers can be filed with the Election Commission on September 22, 2020 (Tuesday) by 12.00 noon which will be decided by the Election Commission on September 23, 2020 (Wednesday) by 4.00 p.m. Any candidate desiring to withdraw from the election may do so in writing to the Election Commission on September 24, 2020 (Thursday) by 12.00 noon. Final list of candidates shall be displayed at respective circle office’s notice boards on the same day.
17. The Election for the post of Sr. Vice-Chairmen from Northern Circle & Vice Chairman from the Southern Circle amongst the Executive Committee members shall be held on September 25, 2020 at respective Circle offices at 2:00 p.m and provisional result shall be displayed at the respective notice boards same day.
18. The Election for the post of the Chairman PCMEA amongst the Executive Committee Members shall be held at Southern & Northern Circles simultaneously on September 30, 2020 (Wednesday) at 2.30 p.m. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of PCMEA shall be held at Lahore on September 30, 2020 at 3:00 p.m in that the final result of elections of Executive Committee and office bearers shall be officially announced by the election commission.
ELEGIBILITY TO VOTE.
1. The eligibility of a member to vote at the elections of the Association shall be subject to the following conditions:-
a) The Members shall complete two (2) years of valid membership of the Association as on the date of announcement of Election Schedule by the Executive Committee.
Provided that old members shall be eligible to vote on completion of one year of their enrollment and payment of all dues and
b) The member has fulfilled the conditions of membership and renewal under the Articles.
2. Every member eligible to vote shall deposit with the Secretary, the specimen signature card along with photograph indicating the status in the firm, company or concern. The right to vote shall be allowed only to the Proprietor, Partner or the Director of the member firm or company, or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the board-of-directors of public limited company or a multinational corporation as the case may be.
3. The Proprietor, Partner or Director of the member firm or Company, concern or a person not below the rank of General Manager authorized by the Board–of-Directors of public limited company or a multinational company shall be entitled to cast vote at the time of election only if name of such person has already been registered with the Secretary and his name appears on the list of voters.
List of Voters who have completed two years as on 15th June 2020.
APPOINTMENT OF ELECTION COMMISSION OF PCMEA 2020-21.
The Executive Committee under Rule 16 of the Trade Organization Rules has appointed the following Election Commission to conduct the Elections:-
1. Mr. M. Akbar Malik. Election Commissioner.
2. Mr. Arshad Goheer. Assistant Election Commissioner (N.C).
3. Mr. Shabbir Hussain Malik. Assistant Election Commissioner (S.C).
SCRUTINIZERS FOR (S.C). SCRUTINIZERS FOR (N.C).
1. Mr. Amin Aziz 1. Kh. M. Shakir.
2. Mr. Maqbool Ahmed 2. Mr. Abdul Sami Mehta.
3. Mr. Izzatullah Nabizada 3. Sheikh Mubashir Iqbal.
APPELLATE AUTHORITY (S.C). APPELLATE AUTHORITY (N.C).
1. Mr. M. Bashir. 1. Mr. M. Saeed Khan
2. Mr. M. Saleem. 2. Mr. Amir Najeeb.
3. Ch. Abdul Ghafoor. 3. Sheikh Sohail Ahmed.
Under Rule Article 22 of the PCMEA, the Election Commission shall appoint Polling Officers and other staff. Members are advised to refer to the Election Commission for matters relating to the Elections.
Pakistan Carpet Manufacturers &
C.C. The Secretary General (S.C)
PCMEA, Karachi, for information & circulate among the members of Southern Circle.
C.C. The Regulator/Director General,
Directorate General of Trade Organization,
Office of the Regulator Trade Organization, Ministry of Commerce,
State Life Building # 7, 2nd Floor, China Chowk, Blue Area, Islamabad.